[ This article is part of our series of articles on meal and recipe ideas ]
Are you looking for Wednesday dinner ideas? You’ve come to the right place! Here we’ve listed three ideas for Wednesday dinner: Mexi-Chicken Roll Ups, Easy Chicken with White Wine Sauce, and Lentil Salad. We hope one or more of these suits you, enjoy!
P.S. If you’d like to never have to think of last minute dinner ideas again and want access to hundreds of recipes curated just for you, check out the Budgeat app. For many more budget friendly recipe ideas found on the web we recommend checking out Budget Bytes.
The Easy Pleaser: Mexi-Chicken Roll Ups
Time: ~30-45 minutes
- 2 oz corn tortilla chips
- 1 oz pepper jack cheese
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 10 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 oz cilantro
- 2 oz spinach
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C
- Flatten out the chicken breasts to about ¼ inch thickness by pounding them. Cover them with plastic wrap on a cutting board and then use a meat mallet / tenderizer or other suitable object (rolling pin, rubber mallet, etc.) to pound the chicken breasts thin.
- Blend together the cream cheese, salsa, cilantro, cumin, and garlic powder to form a sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread spoonfuls of the sauce across each breast on one side only. Top with spinach leaves and then cheese.
- Roll closed and then cover the outside in crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (at least 165 F)
The Wednesday Wonder: Easy Chicken With White Wine Sauce
Time: ~30 minutes
- ½ yellow onion
- 12 oz of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ tbsp chicken broth
- 4 tbsp half and half
- 4 fl oz dry white wine
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp thyme
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 oz parsley
- Chop the parsley, onion, and garlic. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, cook for about 6 minutes, or until golden brown, on one side. Flip the chicken and cook for about 6 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat add the butter and melt.
- Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. With a spatula scrape the bottom of the skillet, reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the dry thyme and half and half. Reduce the heat to low until it comes to a boil.
- Once it boils add the chicken back in the skillet and simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add fresh chopped parsley.
The Healthy Hump Day: Lentil Salad
Time: ~30 min
- 4 oz lentils
- 12 oz water
- ½ red pepper
- 1 tomato
- ½ white onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 spring onions
- ⅓ tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 oz rosemary
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Chop the onion. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add onion. Cook until just translucent and then add lentils.
- Add water and cook for 15-20 minutes until lentils are cooked through. Drain and let cool.
- Chop the tomatoes, peppers, and spring onions, combine with lentils.
- Add the rosemary, olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust oil and vinegar to taste as well.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
The Wednesday Dinner Ideas Wrap Up
We hope one or more of these Wednesday dinner ideas meets your needs. If you’d like to save time, save money, eat better, and reduce your food waste check out the Budgeat app. We make finding recipes, planning meals, shopping, managing your inventory, and cooking delicious food at home a piece of cake.